Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Shopping

I have some great news everyone!!!!

So I know that all of you may not have allergies, but this is great information to know, so I just want to post everything I learned today, which was a lot.

I live in this city called Vernon, up in British Columbia, which for all those people out there who don't know Canada, is on the western end, in the Okanagan. This is where a lot of wines come out of, this beautiful area.

Anyways, let's move on from climate lol. As I was saying, I live in Vernon, and there are these two fantastic stores that I have to tell you about. Simply Delicious and Natures Fair. These are the specialty stores in town, the ones that hold most of the bulk foods and allergy foods.

So today, as I was shopping I decided to browse a little bit more, try to see what else there might have been to buy, and I was so amazed! I found so many things that I have been so upset about never having again. I found yogurt that I can have (they had almond and coconut), which I was super stoked about. They also had a butter spread that has no dairy that also has no soy in, which I prefer to stay away from anyways. I am hoping I will be able to use the spread in baking, but I am not quite sure if I can do that yet, as they had diary free baking sticks as well but were not on sale.

So on top of all of this, I found diary free, soy free cheese that I am so excited to try on gluten free pizza. I have a recipe for this pizza dough, so I will have to post and tell you how it went. I have not had pizza in over 3 years, so I can assure you I am super excited.

So, something I was complaining about the other day was never having whipped cream ever again in my life as there is no dairy free whipping cream that I could have. I FOUND SOME! It is this block of whipping cream. All you have to do is take as much as you want, and whip it for 4-5 minutes! When I read the ingredients I was so stoked that I almost screamed lol.

See, lately I have been getting down because it hits me over and over again how little I will be able to eat of what I used to. I mean, I can't have pudding because all the substitute milks don't make the pudding thicken. I have tried everything to fix that including adding corn starch to the baking puddings. Nothing works. It just stays runny, and it is not the same. So today when I discovered all of these new food products I realized that maybe there was more out there that I can have I just haven't found it yet. I will have to keep exploring and tasting and keep you updated on that. An answer to prayer I  must say; a prayer for my sanity.

Praying I don't eat to much,
Not-So-Princess Lizzy

No comments: