Friday, June 15, 2012

Gluten Free Dairy Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Alright,


All those out there that have gluten or dairy allergies, about to be amazed by these astounding cookies. I changed it a little, making them taste absolutely amazing. 


My family can attest that I complain on a daily bases about not being able to have gluten or dairy. I guess it is my downfall, not being happy with what I what I have. So I think God sent me this recipe just to cheer me up. I found this recipe, altered it a bit due to my own experiments. You can try it the original way, or you can try my recipe. ENJOY


Gluten Free Dairy Free Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:
2 1/4 C. gluten free flour (I use 1 3/4 CJeanne's Gluten-Free Flour Mix
     1/4 C. coconut flour, 1/4 C. almond flour)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
3/4 C. dairy free butter (I use 1/2 C. ghee, 1/4 C. coconut oil)
1 1/4 C. granulated sugar (I use organic cane sugar - due to sugar allergies)
3 medium eggs (or two large eggs)
2 tsp. vanilla
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips (I use mini chocolate chips as they melt better)


Method:
Heat oven to 375°F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or a silpat if you have one) to prevent the cookies from sticking.
Combine all dry ingredients (except the sugar) in a medium bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar in large bowl until light in colour and fluffy/creamy.  Scrape sides of bowl often.
Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
Reduce speed to low and gradually adding flour mixture, until well mixed.
Remove from mixer and gently stir in chocolate chips with a spatula.
Drop dough onto parchment paper either by rounded tablespoonfuls or with an ice cream scoop.  Make sure they are about 2 inches apart to prevent them from running together while baking.
Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
Let stand in baking sheets until cool and solid enough to handle, then remove from sheets and allow to cool completely on a wire cookie rack.
Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy!

Note: This is my gluten-free flour mix
1 1/4 C. brown rice flour
1 1/4 C. white rice flour
1 C. tapioca flour
1 C. sweet rice flour (also known as Mochiko)
2 scant tsp. xanthan gum
Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy




No comments: