Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cherry Clafoutis


Alright, so I have to post this new recipe. I found it online, and honestly I loved it so much. When I first found this recipe I had no idea what clafoutis was so I was extremely happy  with out it turned out. 

Cherry Clafoutis

1 Tbs. Butter (I used Ghee which is dairy-free)
Eggs
1 cup Granulated Sugar, divided (I used organic cane sugar)
1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Almond Extract
1 Tbs. Brandy 
1 cup All-Purpose Flour  (Jeanne's Gluten-Free Flour Mix)
1 1/2 cups milk (I used Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk)
1 pound Pitted Cherries (Mine were frozen)
Powdered Sugar (Confectioner’s Sugar), for dusting
  •   Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
  •   Butter an ovenproof dish, deep dish pie plate, or cast-iron pan (at least 1 1/2-inches deep). (I used a cast iron pan, but next time I will use a deep dish pie plate because I had some trouble removing the clafoutis in one piece).
  •   Place eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, brandy, flour, and milk in a blender: puree till smooth.
  •   In a mixing bowl, toss the cherries with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. (I omitted this step)
  •   Place three-quarters of the cherries and their juices in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the batter over the fruit; arrange the remaining cherries on top.
  •   Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is brown and a knife inserted into the middle of the dish comes out clean.
  •   Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving (cake will sink slightly).
  •   Sprinkle with powdered sugar over the top with a sieve.
  •   Serve the Cherry Clafouti warm.

No comments: